Onion Roasted Red Potatoes
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 lb. red potatoes, cut into small chunks
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large plastic bag.
2. Close bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated.
3. Empty potatoes into shallow baking or roasting pan; discard bag.
4. Bake, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley. Makes 4 servings.
While potatoes are baking, prepare pork chops.
2 cups thawed frozen corn kernels
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 (4 ounce) boneless thin-cut pork chops
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Combine the corn, bell peppers, onion, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, ginger, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper in a saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 5 mintues). Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle the pork chops with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the pork chops and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes each side.
6. Serve the pork chops topped with the corn relish and potatoes. Makes 4 servings.