At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Pork Chops with Corn Relish and Onion Roasted Potatoes
Onion Roasted Red Potatoes
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 lb. red potatoes, cut into small chunks
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large plastic bag.
2. Close bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated.
3. Empty potatoes into shallow baking or roasting pan; discard bag.
4. Bake, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley. Makes 4 servings.
While potatoes are baking, prepare pork chops.
Pork Chops with Corn Relish
2 cups thawed frozen corn kernels
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 (4 ounce) boneless thin-cut pork chops
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Combine the corn, bell peppers, onion, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, ginger, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper in a saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 5 mintues). Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle the pork chops with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the pork chops and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes each side.
6. Serve the pork chops topped with the corn relish and potatoes. Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: