Pork with Spicy Orange Cranberry Sauce
2 cups whole grain rice
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 boneless pork chops, (about 1 pound)
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. While rice is cooking, combine chili powder, cumin, allspice, salt and black pepper in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of pork chops.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Add pork; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center.
5. Combine cranberry sauce, orange peel, cinnamon and red pepper flakes in small bowl; mix well. Serve sauce with pork chops. Serve rice with butter.