2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, minced
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup tomato puree
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon brown sugar
4 hamburger buns
1. Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, chili powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until almost cooked through (about 3 minutes).
5. Stir in tomato puree, ketchup, water, brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce.
6. Simmer until sauce is slightly thicker than ketchup, 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Season mixture with salt and Tabasco to taste. Spoon meat mixture onto hamburger buns and serve with a potato chips and crisp pickles. Makes 4 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.