3½ cups water
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
12 ounces elbow macaroni (3 cups)
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Bring water, 1 cup of the evaporated milk, macaroni, and ½ teaspoon salt to a simmer in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring often, until macaroni is tender (8 to 10 minutes).
2. Whisk remaining ½ cup evaporated milk, cornstarch, mustard, and Tabasco sauce together. Stir into skillet.
3. Continue to simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses, ½ cup at a time, adding additional water as needed for smooth sauce.
5. Stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.