Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large cooking apples - peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch rings
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¼ cup butter
¼ cup chopped pecans
1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, cool and cut into ¼ inch slices.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Layer sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture and apples in the prepared baking dish.
5. In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, butter and pecans. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
6. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!