Valentine`s Day Beef Tenderloin with Peppercorn Sauce for Two
* 2 (8 oz. ea) beef tenderloins
* salt and pepper
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
* 1 Tbl. green peppercorns
* 1 cup beef broth
* 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
* 2 tablespoons heavy cream
* 2 tablespoons brandy
* 2 tablespoons chopped chives for garnish
Salt and pepper beef on both sides. Heat butter in medium skillet on medium heat.
Add beef; cook 5 min; turn, cook another 5 min. Remove to platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
In same skillet, add shallots and peppercorns. Cook 2 min. or until soft.
Add broth, mustard, cream and brandy. Cook 5 min. or until reduced to 1/2.
Place beef on serving plates. Top with sauce, garnish with chopped chives.