U is the name of the game with these baby girl names. From Uda to Uttara and everything in between, hundreds of girls names starting with the letter U along with the meanings and origin of each name.
Baby Naming Tip – Different types of personalities are often associated with specific names. This is especially true if there is a celebrity associated with that name. Many names carry positive emotions when comparing the name with a person, but sometimes they evoke the negative traits of scariness, laziness, or troublemakers. Think about who or what you associate different baby girl names with when choosing for your baby.
Most Popular Baby Girl Names Starting with U
Unique Baby Girl Names Starting With U
Uda through Unaiza
- Uda Teutonic — Prosperous, rich.
- Udaya Hindu
- Ujjwala Hindu
- Ula Celtic — A jewel of the sea.
- Ulalia — The well-spoken one.
- Ulani Polynesian — Cheerful, light hearted.
- Ulfhildr Scandinavian
- Ulima Arabic — Wise, learned.
- Ulla Aboriginal — A well.
- Ulma Latin — Of the Elm tree.
- Ulrika Old German, Old English — wolf ruler
- Ulrike Teutonic/Scandinavian — The ruler of all. The feminine form of Ulrich.
- Ultima Latin — The greatest, the most distant.
- Ultreia Galician
- Ulva Teutonic — A she-wolf, brave.
- Uma Hebrew/Sanskrit — Hebrew: The nation. Sanskrit: Light, peace. Also the name of a goddess in Hindu mythology.
- Umeko Japanese — The child of the plum blossom.
- Umina Aboriginal — Sleep.
- Una Irish Gaelic/Latin — Irish Gaelic: A traditional name. Latin: One. Also see Juno.
- Unaiza Arabic
Undine through Uta
- Undine — A water sprite.
- Unice — Victorious.
- Unity English — Oneness. From the Latin `unus’, meaning one.
- Unnati Hindu — progress
- Unni Norse — modest
- Urania Greek — Heavenly.
- Urbana Latin — Courteous, belonging to the city.
- Uriana Greek — the unknown
- Urmila Hindu — wife of Lakshmana
- Ursala — Female bear.
- Ursanne Old French
- Ursell Cornish — From the bottom of the hill.
- Ursula Latin — A female bear.
- Urvasi Hindu — most beautiful of Apsaras
- Usagi Japanese — moon
- Uschi German — A female bear.
- Usha Sanskrit — The dawn.
- Ushma Hindu
- Usoa Basque
- Uta German — fortunate maid of battle
Utah through Uttara
- Utah — The name of an American State. A boy or girl’s name.
- Ute Teutonic — Prosperity, fortunate, rich.
- Utina Native American — A woman of my country.
- Uttara Hindu — mother of Pariksit
back to Baby Girl Names