Congratulations on your baby girl! Now, it's time to pick a name. There are tons of names out there that start with the letter F, so you're sure to find something you like. We've also got a few tips for you to help you through this process. Let's get into it!
Most Popular Baby Girl Names Starting with F in 2023
First we'll start with the most popular baby girl names starting with F in 2023. They are:
Unique Baby Girl Names Starting With F
Are you looking for a unique name starting with F for your baby girl? If so, you're in the right place! Let's take a look at 15 of the most unique baby girl names starting with F:
Haven't found a name you like yet? No worries! We've got an exhaustive list of baby girl names that start with F for you, right here.
Fabia through Falguni
- Fabia Latin — A bean grower. Feminine form of Fabian.
- Fabiana Latin — bean
- Fabienne French — Bean grower.
- Fabiola French — Bean grower.
- Fabrianne Latin — Resourceful, or a craftswoman.
- Fadila Arabic — Generous and distinguished.
- Fae English from Old French — A fairy or magical creature. Also a diminutive of Faith.
- Faiga Germanic — a bird
- Faina Anglo-Saxon — joyful
- Fainche Celtic — saint’s name
- Faine Old English — Joyful.
- Fairlee Fairli
- Fairley Old English — A clearing in the woods. A boy or girl’s name.
- Fairuza Turkish — turquoise
- Faith English — Trusting in God, having faith. Also see Fidela.
- Faiza Arabic — Victorious.
- Faizah African — victorious
- Fala Native American — crow
- Falda Icelandic — With folded wings.
- Falguni Hindu
Fallon through Fawne
- Fallon Irish — A leader. A boy or girl’s name.
- Fanchon French — From France, or a free woman. The feminine form of Francis.
- Fannie — From France, or a free woman. The feminine form of Francis.
- Fanny — From France, or a free woman. The feminine form of Francis.
- Fantasia Latin — Asia, Fanta
- Fantine French — childlike
- Farah Arabic — Happiness. Also see Farrah.
- Farfalla Italian — butterfly
- Farica — A peaceful ruler. The feminine form of Frederick.
- Farida Arabic — Unique.
- Fariishta Urdu — angel
- Farika — A peaceful ruler. The feminine form of Frederick.
- Farley Old English — From the fern clearing. A boy or girl’s name.
- Farrah Old English — Beautiful.
- Fascienne Latin — black
- Fatima Arabic — A woman who abstains, or weans a child. Also – a daughter of the prophet Mohamed.
- Fatin Arabic — captivating
- Faustine Latin — The fortunate one.
- Fawn Old French — A young deer.
- Fawne Old French, Latin — young deer
Fay through Fern
- Fay English from Old French — A fairy or magical creature. Also a diminutive of Faith.
- Faye — Fairy or elf.
- Fayina Russian — free one
- Faylinn — Fairy kingdom.
- Fayme Latin — Of high reputation, renowned.
- Fayna — Joyful.
- Fayne — Joyful.
- Fayre Old English — Fair.
- Felcia Polish — lucky
- Felda Teutonic — From the field.
- Felice Italian — Fortunate, happy.
- Felicia — Happiness.
- Felicite French — fortunate
- Felicity Latin — Lucky, fortunate. The feminine form of Felix.
- Felipa Spanish — A lover of horses. The feminine form of Philip.
- Femi African — love me
- Fenella Irish — The white or fair shouldered one.
- Fennella Irish — The white or fair shouldered one.
- Feodora Russian — The gift of God. The feminine form of Theodore. Also see Dorothy.
- Fern Old English — Fern-like. From the plant name.
Fernanda through Fiorella
- Fernanda Teutonic — Prepared for the journey. A traveller or adventurer. The feminine form of Ferdinand.
- Feronia Latin — A mythological goddess.
- Fidela Latin — Faithful. Also see Faith.
- Fidelia Spanish — Faithful.
- Fidelima Irish Gaelic — The name of a saint.
- Fifi — God shall add. The feminine form of Joseph.
- Filberta — Very brilliant.
- Filbertha — Very brilliant.
- Filipina Polish — Lover of horses.
- Filippa Italian — A lover of horses. The feminine form of Philip.
- Filomena — A lover of the moon.
- Filomene — A lover of the moon.
- Findabhair Gaelic — Finn
- Finola — The white or fair shouldered one.
- Finvarra Gaelic
- Fiona Scottish Gaelic/Irish Gaelic — Scottish Gaelic: The fair one. Irish Gaelic: A vine.
- Fionavar Gaelic
- Fionn Celtic — white, fair
- Fionola — The white or fair shouldered one.
- Fiorella Italian — A little flower.
Fiorenza through Fosetta
- Fiorenza Italian — flower
- Firaki Hindu
- Flanna Gaelic — Red-haired.
- Flavia Latin — The golden-haired one.
- Fleta Old English — swift, fleet
- Fleur Old French — A flower. Also see Flora.
- Flo — Blossoming, flourishing.
- Flora Latin — A flower. After the Roman goddess of flowers and the spring. Also see Fleur.
- Floramaria — Flower of Mary.
- Florence Latin — Blossoming, flourishing.
- Floria — Flowering.
- Floriane — Flowering.
- Florizel — From Shakespeare’s play Winter’s Tale.
- Flos Norse — chieftain
- Flower — Blossoming, flourishing.
- Floy Old German
- Fola African — honour
- Fonda Latin — Affectionate.
- Fortuna Latin — The fortunate one.
- Fosetta French — The dimpled one.
Fotini through Fuscienne
- Fotini Greek — Light.
- Fran — From France, or a free woman. The feminine form of Francis.
- Frances Latin — From France, or a free woman. The feminine form of Francis.
- Francisca Spanish — From France, or a free woman. The feminine form of Francis.
- Freda — A wise counsellor. From the name Alfreda, Frederica, Winifred.
- Frederica Teutonic — A peaceful ruler. The feminine form of Frederick.
- Frederika Old German — peaceful ruler
- Fredrica — Peace.
- Freya — A lady. The goddess of love in Scandinavian mythology.
- Freyde Yiddish — Joy.
- Frida — A wise counsellor. From the name Alfreda, Frederica, Winifred.
- Frieda — A wise counsellor. From the name Alfreda, Frederica, Winifred.
- Fritzi German — A peaceful ruler. The feminine form of Frederick.
- Fronde Latin — A leaf of the fens.
- Fruma Yiddish — one who is religious
- Fuensanta Spanish — a holy fountain
- Fujita Japanese — field
- Fulvia Latin — Tawny haired. The name of the wife of Mark Antony.
- Fuscienne Latin — black
Tips for Picking a Baby Name
Picking a baby name can feel daunting. We get it. Check out some of our tips for how to pick the right name for your child.
Manage your time. It's important not to rush this. Picking your baby's name is one of the most important things you'll do during your pregnancy. Take your time so you get it right. On that note, however, it's also important to not take too long. If it's taking you many weeks or months to make a decision, you may need to tighten up your process.
Explore all your options. There's thousands of baby names out there. Don't just read through the first few lists you come across and call it a day! You might miss some amazing names. Read through plenty of content for lots of ideas.
Limit yourself. Don't spend all day, every day thinking about this. You'll burn yourself out and cause yourself unnecessary stress. Set aside an hour or two a day to consider your baby's name, and then move on to other things.
Did you find a name or two you like? We hope so! If not, though, no worries. Check out some of our other name lists- we have plenty! If you'd like to take a break from considering your baby's name, we have dozens of other articles on parenting topics of all kinds. We've even got some recipes for you to check out if you're not sure about dinner this week!