Last Updated on
From Xan to Xylon and everything in between, hundreds of baby boy names starting with the letter X along with the meanings and origin of each name.
Baby Naming Tip – When you are choosing a baby name it is important that the one you choose is one that both you and your partner like, and you may want to include other close family and friends in the process. Overall, a great question to ask yourselves when looking for baby boy names is “Would I like this name if it was mine?”
Most Popular Baby Boy Names Starting with X in 2018
First we’ll start with the most popular baby boy names from 2018. They were:
Xavier was the most popular baby boy name starting with X in 2018. This should come as no surprise as Xavier has been the most common baby boy name starting with X as far back as 2009. What a run!
Here’s how the top three names have looked over the past decade:
Xavier wasn’t just popular for X boy names in 2018. Overall it was the number 88 most popular name among all baby boy names in 2018. Here’s how it looked when compared to all baby boys born in 2018.
While Xavier was a popular choice in 2018, you can see it was only about 98% as popular a baby boy name as Roman. Just for fun, let’s take a look at the most popular baby boy names beginning with X throughout history.
Unique Baby Boy Names Starting With X
While it’s fun to see what lots of other people are naming their babies, many people prefer to find baby names that are more uncommon. To that end, below is the some of the more unique baby boy names starting with X.
Overall, Xaden was the 6290th most popular boy name in 2018 with 14 babies. That means there were 307x more Xaviers than Xadens last year. That makes it a very unique name!
If you don’t have your name in mind yet, don’t worry! Below we present a list of other every baby boy names — including middle names — starting with X, the name’s meaning and origin. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Xan through Xylon
- Xan Galician — Xian, Xoan
- Xanthus Greek — Golden-haired.
- Xanti Basque
- Xavier Arabic/Spanish — Arabic: Bright. Spanish: Of the new house.
- Xenophon Greek — Strange voices, or strong sounding.
- Xenos Greek — A stranger.
- Xerxes Persian — A king or ruler. The name of a famous Persian king.
- Xiao Galician
- Ximen Spanish — Spanish form of Simon. The listener.
- Ximenes Spanish — Spanish form of Simon. The listener.
- Ximens Spanish — Spanish form of Simon. The listener.
- Ximun Basque — Basque form of Simon.
- Xurxo Galician
- Xylon Basque — Basque form of Simon.