Last Updated on
From Zabulon to Zurl and everything in between, hundreds of baby boy names starting with the letter Z along with the meanings and origin of each name.
Baby Naming Tip – Keep your eyes open and inspiration will find you. From names of authors in the paperback romance section to the credits at the end of movies and tv shows, there are plenty of wonderful baby boy names out there waiting to be discovered.
Most Popular Baby Boy Names Starting with Z in 2018
First we’ll start with the most popular baby boy names from 2018. They were:
Zachary was the most popular baby boy name starting with Z in 2018. This should come as no surprise as Zachary has been the most common baby boy name starting with Z as far back as 2009. What a run!
Here’s how the top three names have looked over the past decade:
Zachary wasn’t just popular for Z boy names in 2018. Overall it was the number 109 most popular name among all baby boy names in 2018. Here’s how it looked when compared to all baby boys born in 2018.
While Zachary was a popular choice in 2018, you can see it was only about 98% as popular a baby boy name as Luca. Just for fun, let’s take a look at the most popular baby boy names beginning with Z throughout history.
Now let’s look into what boy’s names lost and gained popularity in 2018, again only for names starting with Z.
As you can see, Zakari jumped by 8 slots and Zyaire was the smallest gainer in 2018, gaining only 1 spot.
Unique Baby Boy Names Starting With Z
While it’s fun to see what lots of other people are naming their babies, many people prefer to find baby names that are more uncommon. To that end, below is the some of the more unique baby boy names starting with Z.
Overall, Zackary was the 1003th most popular boy name in 2018 with 205 babies. That means there were 17x more Zacharys than Zackarys last year. That makes it a very unique name!
If you don’t have your name in mind yet, don’t worry! Below we present a list of literally every baby boy name — including middle names — starting with Z, the name’s meaning and origin. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Zabulon through Zaki
- Zabulon Hebrew — to exhalt, honor
- Zaccheo Hebrew — the one God remembers
- Zachariah — Remembered by the Lord.
- Zacharias — Remembered by the Lord.
- Zachary Hebrew — The Lord has remembered.
- Zadok Hebrew — Just, righteous.
- Zador Hungarian — violent
- Zafar Arabic — The triumphant one.
- Zafer Turkish
- Zagger unknown
- Zagon Hungarian
- Zahin Hindu
- Zahir Arabic — Shining, radiant.
- Zahneny Hebrew — Wise and peaceful.
- Zahur Egyptian — a flower
- Zaid African — increase, growth
- Zaide Yiddish — elder
- Zajzon Hungarian
- Zakai Aramaic, Hebrew — innocent, one who is pure
- Zaki Arabic — Pure.
Zalen through Zbigniew
- Zalen Hungarian — thrower, hitter
- Zale Old English — To sell, or a salary.
- Zalman Yiddish — Wise and peaceful.
- Zamir Hebrew — A songbird.
- Zamor Hungarian — plough-land
- Zander Greek — The protector and helper of mankind. Also see Sanders.
- Zane Hebrew — God is gracious. A boy or girl’s name.
- Zanebono Italian — the good one
- Zani Albanian
- Zaniel Latin — angel of mondays
- Zanipolo Italian — little gift of God
- Zann Hebrew
- Zanobi Latin — scarsly alive
- Zarend Hungarian — gold
- Zared Hebrew — An ambush.
- Zarek Greek — may God protect the king
- Zavier Arabic/Spanish — Arabic: Bright. Spanish: Of the new house.
- Zayden Hebrew
- Zazu Hebrew — movement
- Zbigniew Slavonic — To get rid of anger. A common Polish name.
Zdenek through Zenoa
- Zdenek Czech — one from Sidon, a winding sheet
- Zebadiah Hebrew — Gift of the Lord.
- Zebedeo Aramaic — servant of God
- Zebulon Hebrew — home
- Zebulun Hebrew — Exaltation or the dwelling place. One of the sons of Leah and Jacob in the Bible.
- Zechariah Hebrew — The Lord has remembered.
- Zedekiah Hebrew — The justice of the Lord.
- Zeeman Dutch — A sailor or seaman.
- Zefirino Greek — wind of spring
- Zeke Hebrew — God strengthens, or the strength of God. From the name Ezekiel.
- Zeki Turkish
- Zeko Hungarian
- Zelig Jewish — Blessed fortunate.
- Zelipe Aragonese
- Zelman Hebrew — Wise and peaceful.
- Zelotes Greek — Zealous.
- Zenas Greek — Living.
- Zennor Cornish — The name of a village. A boy or girl’s name.
- Zeno Greek — A stranger.
- Zenoa Hebrew
Zenobio through Zircon
- Zenobio Greek — strength of Jupiter
- Zenon Greek — A stranger.
- Zenos Greek — A stranger.
- Zephan Hebrew — treasured by God
- Zephaniah Hebrew — Hidden by God.
- Zeren Turkish
- Zerind Hungarian — Serb
- Zero Greek — seeds
- Zeroun Armenian — A sage.
- Zetany Hungarian
- Zeth Greek — investigator, researcher
- Zeus Greek — The father of the Gods, or living. The ruler of the heavens in ancient Greek mythology.
- Zev Hebrew, Hindu — deer, wolf
- Zia Arabic — Splendour or ripened grain. A boy or girl’s name.
- Ziff Hebrew — wolf
- Ziggy Slavonic — To get rid of anger. A common Polish name.
- Zigmond Teutonic — A victorious protector.
- Zigmund Teutonic — A victorious protector.
- Zion Hebrew — a sign
- Zircon Persian — A mineral name.
Ziv through Zurl
- Ziv Hebrew — Full of life.
- Ziven Slavic — vigorous and alive
- Zoard Hungarian
- Zobor Hungarian — gathering
- Zoello Greek — son of Zoe
- Zoilo Greek — lively
- Zoland Hebrew
- Zoltan Arabic — A ruler or sultan. A popular Hungarian name.
- Zombor Hungarian — buffalo
- Zoran Slavonic — Of the dawn.
- Zoroaster Persian — A golden star.
- Zorro Slavic — golden dawn
- Zosimo Greek — lively
- Zotico Greek — lively
- Zowie Gaelic
- Zsigmond Hungairan — victorious defender
- Zsolt Hungarian — name of an honor
- Zubin Hebrew — The exalted one.
- Zuriel Hebrew — God is my foundation.
- Zurl Hebrew