Last Updated on
Baby Boy Names that Start with the Letter U
U is the name of the game with these baby boy names. From Uba to Uzziah and everything in between, hundreds of boy names starting with the letter U along with the meanings and origin of each name.
Baby Naming Tip – Different types of personalities are often associated with specific names. This is especially true if there is a celebrity associated with that name. Many names carry positive emotions when comparing the name with a person, but sometimes they evoke the negative traits of scariness, laziness, or troublemakers. Think about who or what you associate different names with when choosing your baby boy names.
Including Top Baby Boy Names and Unique Baby Boy Names Beginning with U
Uba through Ulfred
- Uba African — wealthy
- Ubul Hungarian
- Udeh Hebrew — praise
- Udell Anglosaxon — From the valley of the Yew trees.
- Udit Hindu
- Udo German — Prosperity, fortune.
- Udolf Old English — A prosperous wolf.
- Uehudah Hebrew
- Ufuk Turkish
- Ugo Italian — Italian form of Hugh. Heart and mind.
- Ugod Hungarian — name of a clan
- Ugor Hungarian — Hungarian
- Ugur Turkish
- Uilleam Scottish Gaelic — Scottish Gaelic form of William. A strong and resolute protector.
- Uisdean Scottish
- Uland Teutonic — The noble land.
- Ulbrecht Teutonic — Noble splendour.
- Ulf Swedish — Wolf-like, courageous.
- Ulffr Scandinavian
- Ulfred Old English/Teutonic — Peace.
Ulmer through Uri
- Ulmer Old English — A famous wolf.
- Ulprus Latin
- Ulrich Teutonic — A ruler.
- Ultan Irish — From an old Gaelic name.
- Ulucan Turkish
- Ulysses Greek — The angry one, wrathful. The famous wanderer of Homer’s odyssey.
- Umar Arabic — Flourishing, long-lived.
- Umberto Italian — A famous warrior.
- Unai Basque
- Unni Norse — modest
- Unwin Old English — The enemy.
- Upen Hindu
- Upendra Hindu — an element
- Upor Hungarian
- Upravda Slavonic — The upright one.
- Upton Old English — From the upper farm or town.
- Upwood Old English — From the forest on the hill.
- Urban Latin — A city dweller. The name of several early saints and popes.
- Uren Welsh
- Uri Russian — God is light. Also see Uriel.
Uriah through Uwan
- Uriah Russian — God is light. A biblical name that is best known from the Charles Dickens character Uriah Heep in David Copperfield. Also see Uriel.
- Urie Russian — God is light. Also see Uriel.
- Uriel Hebrew — Light. Also see Uriah.
- Urien Welsh — Have privileged birth, or born in the town.
- Urjavaha Hindu — of the Nimi dynasty
- Uros Hungarian — little lord
- Ursel Latin — A bear. The masculine version of Ursula.
- Urson Old French from Latin — A little bear.
- Urvan Latin — A city dweller.
- Usamah Arabic
- Ushnisha Sanskrit — A crown.
- Usko Finnish — Faith.
- Usman Arabic — An Ottoman Turk, or a servant of God.
- Utah — The name of an American State. A boy or girl’s name.
- Utt Arabic — wise and kind
- Uttam Hindu — 3rd Manu
- Uttanka Hindu
- Utz Teutonic — A ruler.
- Uwain Welsh
- Uwan Aboriginal — To meet.
Uwe through Uzziah
- Uwe Scandinavian — A well-known Scandinavian name.
- Uxio Galician
- Uyeda Japanese — From the Rice field.
- Uzi Hebrew — My strength.
- Uzor Hungarian — name of an ethnic group
- Uzziah Hebrew — The power or strength of God.