Baby Boy Names that Start with the Letter Y
From Yadon to Yves and everything in between, hundreds of baby boy names starting with the letter Y along with the meanings and origin of each name.
Baby Naming Tip – When you’re looking for a baby boy name, the sheer number of choices can be overwhelming, as are the number of sources to get them from. Keep a separate list of the names you like, either on your phone or handwritten on a notepad. You’ll have all your favorites in one easily accessible place to narrow down as time goes on.
Including Top Baby Boy Names and Unique Baby Boy Names Beginning with Y
Yadon through Yashovarman
- Yadon Hebrew — he will judge
- Yael Hebrew — A wild goat. A boy or girl’s name.
- Yahto Native American — blue
- Yakecan Dene Indian — sky, song
- Yakov — The modern Jewish and Russian form of Jacob. Held by the heel.
- Yale Old English/Tuetonic — Old English: From the corner of the land. Tuetonic: The one who pays.
- Yan Hebrew — God?s grace
- Yancy Native American — The Englishman. The word later became `Yankee’.
- Yanis Hebrew — God’s gift
- Yannick French — Yannig, Vann
- Yannis Greek — Greek form of John.
- Yaphet Hebrew — Youthful.
- Yardley Old English — From the enclosed meadow.
- Yarin Hebrew — to understand
- Yarn Breton — Form of John.
- Yarran Aboriginal — An Acacia tree.
- Yasar Arabic
- Yash Hindu
- Yashodhar Hindu — Yashodhara
- Yashovarman Hindu
Yashpal through Yitzaak
- Yashpal Hindu
- Yasir Arabic — Wealthy.
- Yasuo Japanese — peaceful one
- Yates Middle English — The keeper of the gates.
- Yazid Arabic — Ever increasing.
- Yefrem Russian — Fruitful. One of the sons of Joseph in the Bible.
- Yehuda Jewish — The praised one.
- Yehudi Hebrew — Praise to the Lord or aperson from Judah. A boy or girl’s name.
- Yener Turkish
- Yered Hebrew — Form of Jared.
- Yerik Russian — appointed by God
- Yervant Armenian — an Armenian king
- Yeshaya Hebrew
- Yeshe Tibetan/Sherpa — Wise one.
- Yestin Welsh — Welsh form of Justin. Just or true.
- Yevgeni Russian — The noble, well-bon one.
- Yigael Hebrew — God will redeem.
- Yigit Turkish
- Yileen Aboriginal — A dream.
- Yitzaak Hebrew — Laughter, the laughing one.
Yitzak through Yudhajit
- Yitzak Hebrew — Laughter, the laughing one.
- Yngvar Norse — of Ing?s army
- Ynyr Welsh — Honour.
- Yobachi African — pray to God
- Yoel Hebrew — The Lord is God.
- Yogendra Hindu
- Yogesh Hindu
- Yogi Japanese — one of the yoga practice
- Yona Hebrew/Native American — Hebrew: A dove. Native American: A bear. A boy or girl’s name.
- Yong Korean — The brave one.
- Yoram Hebrew — The Lord is exalted.
- Yorick Greek — A tiller of the soil (farmer). From the name George.
- York Celtic/Old English — Celtic: The farm of the Yew tree. Old English: A boar farm.
- Yosef Hebrew — God shall add.
- Yoshifumi Japanese
- Yoshimitsu Japanese
- Yoshiyuki Japanese
- Ysgarran Welsh
- Yuan Chinese — The original.
- Yudhajit Hindu
Yuka through Yves
- Yuka Aboriginal — A tree.
- Yukio Japanese — gets what he wants, God will nourish
- Yul Latin — A Roman family name, possibly meaning youthful. Born in July.
- Yule Old English — Born at Christmas.
- Yuma Native American — The son of a chief.
- Yuri Aboriginal/Japanese/Russian — Aboriginal: To hear. Also the Russian form of George. A boy or girl’s name.
- Yusuf Arabic — Arabic form of Joseph.
- Yutaka Japanese
- Yves French — The little archer.