Yahir is a popular baby boy’s name of Hebrew and Arabic origin that means “he will enlighten”. It is also a Spanish name that means “handsome”. Yahir jumped into the top 1000 baby names list in 2002 thanks to actor Yahir Othón Parra on the popular telenovella “Enamórate”.
Meaning of the name Yahir:
Hebrew, Arabic: he will enlighten
Origin of the name Yahir:
Yahir is a baby boy’s name of Hebrew and Arabic origin that means “he will enlighten”. Yahir is also a Spanish name that means “handsome”.
Symbolism of the name Yahir:
Yahir means “he will enlighten” which brings to mind sage wisdom and the warm light of knowledge.
Style of the name Yahir:
Gender of the name Yahir:
Yahir is a boy's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Yahir:
Number of syllables in the name Yahir:
Emotion evoked from the name Yahir:
Yahir evokes feelings of creativity and passion.
Alternative spellings for the name Yahir:
Yair, Jahir, Jair
Nicknames for the name Yahir:
Popularity of the name Yahir:
According to the Social Security Administration, Yahir is a popular baby boy’s name. Yahir has been in the top 1000 baby names since 2002. It peaked at #258 in 2003.
Related names for the name Yahir:
Great middle names for the name Yahir and their meanings:
- Esai (gift)
- Nico (people of victory)
- Samir (a friend to talk with in the evening)
- Oren (laurel or pine tree)
- Jonah (dove)
- Emrys (immortal)
- Mateo (gift of God)
- Rafael (God has healed)
- Joaquin (God will judge)
- Idris (lord, studious)
- Altair (falcon)
- Misha (who is like God)
Famous people with the name Yahir:
- Yahir Othón Parra (Mexican musician and actor)
- Yahir Reyes (Mexican mixed martial artist)
- Yahir Cantante (Mexican singer)
- Yahir Gonzalez (Mexican soccer player)
- Yahir Sanchez (Mexican musician)
Yahir in popular culture:
- Yahir Yin Hikui (television, “Kariudo Academy”)
- Yahir Tahan (literature, Star Wars Legacy)
- Yahir (video games, “Skyrim”)