A popular TV show put the baby name Felicity on the map in the United States in the late 1990s, and ever since, it's been here to stay. While it's a virtue name like Hope or Grace, it isn't overused, so your daughter won't be sitting next to three other little girls with the same name in kindergarten class. However, you can give your daughter a great start by bestowing on her a name that literally means “intense happiness” in the English language.
Meaning of the name Felicity:
English: Intense happiness
Latin: Good luck
Origin of the name Felicity:
Felicity is an English word that means “intense happiness.” It was derived from the Latin word “felicitas,” which means good luck.
Symbolism of the name Felicity:
The word “felicity” literally means “intense happiness” in the English language.
Style of the name Felicity:
Gender of the name Felicity:
Felicity is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Felicity:
Number of syllables in the name Felicity:
Emotion evoked from the name Felicity:
Like other virtue names, the baby name Felicity evokes positive emotions, including happiness.
Alternative spellings for the name Felicity:
Nicknames for the name Felicity:
Popularity of the name Felicity:
According to the Social Security Administration, Felicity didn't make its way on the list of the top 1,000 baby names until 1998. As of 2020, it ranked at number 386.
Related names for the name Felicity:
Great middle names for Felicity and their meanings:
- Grace (God's grace)
- Alice (noble)
- Rose (flower)
- Josephine (God increases)
- Claire (clear and bright)
- Jane (God is gracious)
- Alexandra (defender of men)
- Margaret (pearl)
- Kate (pure)
Famous people with the name Felicity:
- Felecity Huffman (actress)
- Felecity Dahl (producer and wife of author Roald Dahl)
- Felicity Peake (founder of the United Kingdom's Women's Royal Air Force)
- Felicity Sheedy-Ryan (world champion triathlete)
- Felecity Ward (comedian)
Felicitys in popular culture:
- Felicity Hardy (Marvel Comics character)
- Felicity Merriman (American Girl doll and character)
- Felicity Porter (main character on the TV show “Felciity”)
- Felicity Smoak (DC Comics character)
- Felicity Shagwell (character in the Austin Powers movies)