Demonte is a modern English baby boy’s name. Demonte means “mountain” and is a variation on the name Monte and a diminutive of Montgomery. Demonte was briefly popular in the mid 1990’s but lacked the staying power to remain in the top 1000 names for more than two years.
Meaning of the name Demonte:
Origin of the name Demonte:
Demonte is a modern English baby name that means “mountain”. Demonte consists of the prefix “de” and the English name Monte. Monte is a diminutive of the name Montgomery and also the Spanish and Italian word for mountain.
Symbolism of the name Demonte:
Mountains are symbols of strength, ambition, struggle, and triumph. No mountain is too high to be climbed and overcome, no matter the challenge it may present. Mountains are awe inspiring displays of nature’s beauty.
Style of the name Demonte:
Gender of the name Demonte:
Demonte is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Demonte:
Number of syllables in the name Demonte:
Emotion evoked from the name Demonte:
Demonte evokes feelings of strength and charisma.
Alternative spellings for the name Demonte:
Damonte, Demonty, Demontae
Nicknames for the name Demonte:
Popularity of the name Demonte:
According to the Social Security Administration, Demonte is a popular baby boy’s name. Demonte was in the top 1000 baby names for two years: 1993 and 1994. Demonte peaked at #960.
Related names for the name Demonte:
Great middle names for the name Demonte and their meanings:
- Oliver (olive tree)
- Samir (a friend to talk with in the evening)
- Daveed (beloved)
- Everett (brave as a wild boar)
- Calvin (bald)
- Mateo (gift of God)
- Khalil (friend)
- Orion (Greek mythological figure)
Famous people with the name Demonte:
- DeMonte' Bolden (Canadian football player)
- Demonte Capehart (American football player)
- Damontae Kazee (American football player)
- Demonte Meeks (American football player)
Demonte in popular culture:
- Demonte Colony (film, 2015 horror film)
- Carmelo DeMonte (television, “Ghost Eyes”)
- DeMonte (webseries, “Hello from the Magic Tavern”)