From Angus to Oswald, all of these boy names that mean powerful are one-of-a-kind! Explore the meaning and origin of each and select the ideal option for your little boy. Take a look!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Powerful
- Godric This unusual name means “God strength.” It is a good name choice for a boy born into a strong Christian family. This name has Anglo-Saxon origin.
- ZaneAn edgy name meaning “God's gracious gift,” the name Zane has Hebrew origin.
- EverettThe boy's name Everett means “brave, strong boar.” People named Everett are often nicknamed Rhett.
- Montgomery This strong-willed name means “man-power.” It has an Anglo-Saxon origin. Montgomery is both a surname and a given name.
- AndrewA diminutive of the name Andreas, Andrew means “strong and manly.” The name has a Greek origin.
- GriffinThe name Griffin means “strong lord.” It is both a surname and a given name. This name has Welsh origin.
- AngusThe name Angus means “one strength.” It has Scottish origins. This name is particularly popular in the UK, namely Scotland.
- Oswald The name Oswald is strong. It means “divine power.” This name is not often used by parents.
- EzekielMeaning “God will strengthen,” the name Ezekial is a Hebrew Biblical name commonly found in Jewish families.
- HarveyMeaning “eager for battle, strong, powerful,” the name Harvey is of Old English and Old French origin.
- ZekeThe name Zeke is modern and fun. It means “God strengthens” and has an Old Testament origin. The name is a shortened form of the name Ezekial.
- Conal You dont hear the name Conal often, making the name a great choice for parents looking for something original and fun. The name means “strong as a wolf.”
- AndreThe name Andre is very popular in the U.S. It is a diminutive form of the name Andrew and means “strong and manly.” The name has French and Portuguese origin.
- Kenzo The name Kenzo has Japanese origins. It means “strong and healthy.” It is a fun name that you do not often hear.
- GarettThe name Garett is both a surname and a given name for boys. The name means “spear strength.” The name has an Irish origin.
- BrianThe common name Brian means “strong, virtuous, honorable.” It has an Irish origin. In 2020, the Brian was the 270th most popular name in the U.S.
- HardyThe name Hardy means “bold, brave.” It has a German origin. The name is warm-hearted and soft.
- Monte The name Monte means “manpower.” It has French origin and is a shortened form of the name Norman.
- Emeric This name means “powerful.” It is an uncommon name with three syllables. Emeric has a French origin.
- EvanderThe name Evander means “bow warrior, strong man.” It has Scottish and Greek origin. Boxer Evander Holyfield is the most famous person sharing this name.
- Archie Meaning “truly brave,” Archie is the name of Prince Harry and Princess Meghan's son. It is the diminutive form of the name Archibald and has an Old English origin.
- Fergus The unusual name Fergus means “man of force.” This name has a Celtic origin.
- Wulfric This name is unusual in both sound and spelling. The name means “wolf power” and has an English origin.
- Egon This name means “strong with a sword.” The name has a German origin.
- Arsenio Arsenio means “virile, strong” and has Spanish and Greek origin. The most popular person named Arsenio is former late-night talk show host Arsenio Hall.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!