From Angus to Oswald, all of these boy names that mean powerful are one-of-a-kind! Explore the meaning and origin of each and select the ideal option for your little boy. Take a look!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Powerful
- Godric This unusual name means “God strength.” It is a good name choice for a boy born into a strong Christian family. This name has Anglo-Saxon origin.
- ZaneAn edgy name meaning “God's gracious gift,” the name Zane has Hebrew origin.
- EverettThe boy's name Everett means “brave, strong boar.” People named Everett are often nicknamed Rhett.
- Montgomery This strong-willed name means “man-power.” It has an Anglo-Saxon origin. Montgomery is both a surname and a given name.
- AndrewA diminutive of the name Andreas, Andrew means “strong and manly.” The name has a Greek origin.
- GriffinThe name Griffin means “strong lord.” It is both a surname and a given name. This name has Welsh origin.
- AngusThe name Angus means “one strength.” It has Scottish origins. This name is particularly popular in the UK, namely Scotland.
- Oswald The name Oswald is strong. It means “divine power.” This name is not often used by parents.
- EzekielMeaning “God will strengthen,” the name Ezekial is a Hebrew Biblical name commonly found in Jewish families.
- HarveyMeaning “eager for battle, strong, powerful,” the name Harvey is of Old English and Old French origin.
- ZekeThe name Zeke is modern and fun. It means “God strengthens” and has an Old Testament origin. The name is a shortened form of the name Ezekial.
- Conal You dont hear the name Conal often, making the name a great choice for parents looking for something original and fun. The name means “strong as a wolf.”
- AndreThe name Andre is very popular in the U.S. It is a diminutive form of the name Andrew and means “strong and manly.” The name has French and Portuguese origin.
- Kenzo The name Kenzo has Japanese origins. It means “strong and healthy.” It is a fun name that you do not often hear.
- GarettThe name Garett is both a surname and a given name for boys. The name means “spear strength.” The name has an Irish origin.
- BrianThe common name Brian means “strong, virtuous, honorable.” It has an Irish origin. In 2020, the Brian was the 270th most popular name in the U.S.
- HardyThe name Hardy means “bold, brave.” It has a German origin. The name is warm-hearted and soft.
- Monte The name Monte means “manpower.” It has French origin and is a shortened form of the name Norman.
- Emeric This name means “powerful.” It is an uncommon name with three syllables. Emeric has a French origin.
- EvanderThe name Evander means “bow warrior, strong man.” It has Scottish and Greek origin. Boxer Evander Holyfield is the most famous person sharing this name.
- Archie Meaning “truly brave,” Archie is the name of Prince Harry and Princess Meghan's son. It is the diminutive form of the name Archibald and has an Old English origin.
- Fergus The unusual name Fergus means “man of force.” This name has a Celtic origin.
- Wulfric This name is unusual in both sound and spelling. The name means “wolf power” and has an English origin.
- Egon This name means “strong with a sword.” The name has a German origin.
- Arsenio Arsenio means “virile, strong” and has Spanish and Greek origin. The most popular person named Arsenio is former late-night talk show host Arsenio Hall.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©NotionPic/Shutterstock.com.