The baby name Rosina originates from Italy as a variation of Rose and Rosa. It also relates back to the flower that is the same, just as the latter two names do. Rosina was popular in America as well until 1937, not to reappear again as of yet.
Meaning of the name Rosina:
Origin of the name Rosina:
Rosina is the Italian version of the baby name Rosa. The latter name is the Latin form of Rose, becoming popular in the thirteenth century. Rosa and Rosina themselves did not come to America until the nineteenth century.
Symbolism of the name Rosina:
The baby name Rosina means “rose,” just like the baby name Rosa. As mentioned, both of these names can even trace back to the name Rose itself.
Style of the name Rosina:
Gender of the name Rosina:
Rosina is a feminine and dainty baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Rosina:
Number of syllables in the name Rosina:
Emotion evoked from the name Rosina:
Rosina is a romantic and formal baby name. It is delicate, refined, and quite different for the names related to the rose flower.
Alternative spellings for the name Rosina:
Nicknames for the name Rosina:
Popularity of the name Rosina:
Rosina was only a top 1,000 name in the United States until 1937 when it was rank 1,000. The name was most popular in 1903 when it was rank 571. This year was the only one in which Rosina was a top 600 name.
Related names for the name Rosina:
Great middle names for Rosina and their meanings:
- Caitlin (pure)
- Helen (light, bright)
- Elinore (sun ray, shining light)
- Elena (shining light)
- Flora (flower)
- Bernice (bringing victory)
- Theodora (gift of God)
- Amari (strength)
Famous people with the name Rosina:
- Rosina Bulwer (novelist)
- Rosina Storchio (opera singer)
- Rosina Lhevinne (pianist)
- Rosina Brandram (operatic contralto)
- Rosina Lawrence (actress, “Pick a Star”)
- Rosina Lippi (novelist)
- Rosina Galli (actress, “Vulcano”)
- Rosina Raisbeck (opera singer)
Rosinas in popular culture:
- Rosina Almaviva (character from “The Marriage of Figaro”)
- Rosina (character from “The Barber of Seville”)
- Rosina (character from “Barry Lyndon”)
- Rosina (character from “The Master”)
- Rosina Bamforth (character from “Herself Surprised”)