At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Bacon Wrapped Beef Patties & Green Beans
6 bacon strips
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup crushed saltines
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1. Preheat broiler. We used the high setting, the distance of the food from the heating element determined the cooking time.
2. Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with microwave-safe paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cooked but not crisp.
3. Combine the eggs, saltines, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Add beef into mixture and mix well. Shape beef mixture into six patties.
5. Wrap bacon strips around patties; secure with toothpicks. Place patties on broiler pan.
6. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for about 6 minutes.
7. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl.
8. Turn patties then top with the ketchup mixture. Broil 6 to 7 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
9. Prepare Green Beans with Basil (recipe below) while patties are broiling. Makes 6 servings.
Green Beans with Basil
6 cups green beans
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup water
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine beans, onion, and water in a saucepan.
2. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain.
3. Add the butter, basil, salt and pepper; stir to coat beans evenly. Makes 6 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: