Most everyone loves bacon. And, beef patties wrapped in bacon just makes bacon even better. Add to this a healthy and delicious green beans recipe, and you're good to go! This quick and easy dinner combination is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
Bacon Wrapped Beef Patties and Green Beans
6 bacon strips
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup crushed saltines
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1. Preheat broiler. We used the high setting, the distance of the food from the heating element determined the cooking time.
2. Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with microwave-safe paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cooked but not crisp.
3. Combine the eggs, saltines, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Add beef into mixture and mix well. Shape beef mixture into six patties.
5. Wrap bacon strips around patties; secure with toothpicks. Place patties on broiler pan.
6. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for about 6 minutes.
7. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl.
8. Turn patties then top with the ketchup mixture. Broil 6 to 7 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
9. Prepare Green Beans with Basil (recipe below) while patties are broiling. Makes 6 servings.
Green Beans with Basil
- 6 cups green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine green beans, onion, and water in a saucepan.
2. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until green beans are tender. Drain.
3. Add the butter, basil, salt, and pepper; stir to coat beans evenly. Makes 6 servings.
The Healthy Side of Green Beans
Green beans pack a healthy punch with all the nutrients you get out of them. They can help increase your energy, improve your complexion, lower your blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and lower or maintain your weight. So, what makes green beans so healthy?
They are full of great nutrients like vitamin C, beta-carotene, potassium, and folate. They are also an excellent source of fiber and protein, which helps you feel full and feel full for a longer amount of time. Green beans are a great food for anyone who wants to maintain their weight or lose weight because they help you feel full without the extra calories. You can eat green beans multiple times a week and they are fantastic with bacon wrapped beef patties.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/AlexPro9500.