Last Updated on
Country Style Green Beans and Potatoes
1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans
8 slices bacon, quartered
1 small onion, chopped
5 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups cubed red potatoes
1. Wash beans. Trim ends and remove strings.
2. Cut into 1 1/2-inch slices; set aside. Fry bacon until crisp, then remove from pan and set aside.
3. Saute onion in same pan until tender. Add water to pan.
4. Bring to a boil; add cooked bacon, beans, salt, and pepper and return to a boil. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
5. Add potatoes and cook 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Drain and serve.