At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Cheesy Chicken Macaroni
1½ cups elbow macaroni
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ cup finely chopped onion
1 (6.5 ounce) container semisoft cheese with garlic and herb
1 ⅔ cups fat free milk
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
¾ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting any salt; drain.
2. Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender, stirring frequently.
3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in semisoft cheese until melted.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
5. Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
6. Add cooked macaroni and spinach; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and spinach begins to wilt.
7. Stir in tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Total Fat 12g