Chicken and Peas with Egg Noodles
8 ounce package wide egg noodles
1 10-ounce package frozen baby peas
1 14½ ounce can Italian-Style stewed tomatoes
6 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 small onion, cut into wedges
¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup chicken broth
¼ cup whipping cream
Shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas to water with the pasta.
2. Drain pasta and peas, return to saucepan.
3. Meanwhile, place undrained tomatoes in a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover and process until pureed. Set tomatoes aside.
4. Rinse chicken, cut into bite-size pieces.
5. In a large skillet cook chicken, onion, and pepper in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
6. Reduce heat, stir and blended tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer about 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
7. Stir in cream; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes more until sauce is desired consistency.
8. Pour sauce over pasta mixture and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Makes four servings.
Try these similar recipes: