Last Updated on
Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
¼ cup butter
¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 egg yolk, beaten
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup drained canned carrots and 1/2 cup drained canned green beans (optional)
1 can refrigerated biscuits
1. Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat; add flour, blending well.
2. Gradually stir in broth, then milk.
3. Reduce heat to low; cook until thickened, about 2 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove 1/4 cup milk mixture and gradually stir into egg yolk.
5. Return egg mixture to milk mixture. Add chicken, salt and pepper; heat through.
6. Serve creamed chicken over hot biscuits. Serves 4 to 6.
You might also like: