At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Creamy Pasta Primavera
The red pepper and the asparagus in this pasta primavera recipe go together great for a crispy, tasty “Pasta of the Spring” (that’s what primavera means).
Pasta Primavera is also very flexible; you can add any type of vegetable you like. To stay classic, crisp, fresh vegetables will give you the best results for this delicious recipe.
3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
2 Tablespoons Italian Dressing
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 zucchini, cut into chunks
1-1/2 cups cut-up fresh asparagus (1-inch lengths)
1 red pepper, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat.
3. Add chicken and vegetables; cook 10 to 12 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
4. Add broth and cream cheese; cook 1 min. or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
5. Add Parmesan cheese; mix well.
6. Drain pasta; return to pot. Add chicken and vegetable mixture; toss lightly.
7. Cook 1 min. or until heated through. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)