Tired of having just plain pasta for dinner? We hear you. Pasta is a staple for many families, but eating it on its own all the time gets boring after a while. That's where delicious recipes like this one come into play.
This chicken parmesan with pasta twists will delight everyone in your family, kids included. It's definitely one to add to the recipe book for when you need to switch things up. As a bonus, the ingredient list isn't terribly long. This is especially true if you keep spaghetti sauce and pasta on-hand all the time.
The chicken in this recipe will help provide your family with lots of protein. Protein is essential for the development of strong muscles, and can also aid with weight loss and weight management. If you or someone in your family is trying to lose weight, or trying to build muscle, this recipe is a great one to make.
Enjoy this recipe? Check out all of our other dinner recipes. We have plenty that incorporate chicken, as well as plenty that don't for those that are sick of chicken. We also have some fantastic dessert recipes, in case you're in the mood to indulge. Make sure to bookmark each recipe you're interested in so you can come back to it at any time!
Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Pasta Twists
6 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups traditional Italian spaghetti sauce
Vegetable cooking spray
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 ½ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
1 box rotini pasta twists
1. Cook rotini according to package directions, drain. Toss lightly with butter.
2. Stir 4 Tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese into the spaghetti sauce.
3. Spray a 12 inch skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.
5. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken, turning to coat with sauce. Reduce the heat to medium.
6. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Top with the mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
8. Serve chicken parmesan on top of buttered rotini. Makes 6 servings.