Garlic Pasta Chicken Salad Recipe
This is a fabulous, tasty chicken salad recipe. The fresh rosemary, basil and garlic create the perfect classic combination of herbs. Add in the chicken, pasta, Parmesan cheese and optional, though highly recommended, toasted walnuts and it’s a celebration for the taste buds.
Rosemary is native in the Mediterranean region and is related to the mint plant. It is unmistakably aromatic and easily grown at home. It’s a plant that does better with less attention, and a wonderful herb to have on hand.
6 cloves garlic
3/4 cup olive oil
4 sprigs rosemary (optional)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1 tsp. dried
8 ounces corkscrew pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups chicken, cooked, cut in strips
1/2 cup green onion, sliced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
2/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Separate cloves of garlic and drop into boiling water for 1 minute.
2. Drain and peel. Place peeled cloves in small saucepan with oil and optional rosemary sprigs. Cook gently, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes or until garlic is tender.
3. Discard rosemary sprigs and puree garlic with 1/2 cup of the olive oil, basil, and the
4. Place pasta in large bowl and add garlic puree, chicken, onion, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Add more olive oil if needed to moisten salad.
5. Let salad sit for 1 hour a room temperature (provided its not a hot room that will invite bacteria to go nuts!) or refrigerate, returning mixture to room temperature before serving.
6. Toast walnuts in 375 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Stir into the salad and serve over a mix of crisp, chilled lettuces.
More Chicken recipes
More Chicken Salad Favorites:
|Classic Chicken Salad||Easy||Healthy Chicken Salad|
|Confetti Chicken Salad||Garlic Pasta||California Chicken Salad|