From Attila to Henrik to Ervin, the list of Hungarian baby names for boys is extensive and filled with a variety of robust options. Take a look and select the perfect option for your little boy.
RELATED: Hungarian Baby Names We Love!
- Attila Attila is a Hungarian boy name that's also popular in other European countries such as Bulgaria, Chuvashia and Turkey. As you might have guessed, it's a warrior name harking back to Attila the Hun.
- Zoltán Zoltán is a Hungarian baby name for boys. It has pagan origins, but its exact ancestry has been lost over the years.
- Géza Géza is a Hungarian boy name that means “little prince.” It comes from the Hungarian noble title of “gyeü.”
- András András is a Hungarian boy name derived from Andrew. It's been in use since the year 1046 and the ascension of King Andrew I of Hungary.
- Imre Imre is a Hungarian boy name that means “strength.” Related names include Emeric, Emmerich and Heinrich. Popular English-language equivalents are Emery and Henry.
- Osvát Osvát is an old Hungarian boy name. Also spelled Ozsvát, it comes from the masculine name Oszvald, but it's almost archaic in modern times. You'd be bringing back very old traditions with this name.
- Rezső Rezső is a strong Hungarian boy name. Meaning “legendary wolf,” it can be a blessing to your future child for strength.
- István István is a Hungarian boy name related to Stefan or Steven. It's been used for everything from caves to rock operas, so it'll be a fun, unique name for your little boy.
- Sándor Sándor is a Hungarian boy's name that comes from Alexander. Its first usage can be traced back to medieval Hungary where they were writing about Alexander the Great.
- Zsigmond Zsigmond is a unique Hungarian boy name. Pronounced a little like “ZIG-mond,” it's actually of Germanic origin, but it's been adopted into Hungarian use for centuries. A fun nickname could be Ziggy!
- Mátyás Mátyás is a Hungarian boy name with an unusual spelling. However, you might recognize its more anglicized version: Matthew or Matthias.
- PéterPéter is a Hungarian boy name that means “rock” or “stone.” A common diminutive is Peti.
- Ferenc Ferenc is a free-spirited Hungarian boy name. Pronounced “FE-ren-ck,” it literally means “man of freedom.”
- Miklós Miklós is a Hungarian boy's name that means “people of victory.” It has a lot of significance in certain parts of Europe.
- Tamás Tamás is a Hungarian boy name that comes from Thomas. It could be a nice way to do something a little different with your son's name without getting too “out there.”
- HenrikHenrik is a popular Hungarian boy's name. You can spell it in dozens of ways, including Henryk, Hendrik, Heinrich, Henry and Henrique.
- Csaba Csaba is a Hungarian boy name that means “shepherd” or “gift.” It also has extra meaning as one of the first sons of Attila the Hun.
- György György is a down-to-earth Hungarian boy name. Meaning “one who toils the land,” it's the Hungarian version of George, which has a similar meaning of “farmer” or “earthworker.”
- Bertalan Bertalan is a Hungarian boy name with a lot of nickname potential. You can shorten it to Bert, Bart, Barta, Bartal, Bertók and more.
- Ödön Ödön is a fun Hungarian boy name. It means “wealthy defender” or “prosperous protector.”
- Ervin Ervin is a Hungarian boy name that refers to the sea and the people who work on it. A common translation is “mariner.”
- Aurel Aurel is a gentle Hungarian boy name. It comes from the Latin name Aurelius or “golden,” and it's been used for everyone from physicists to footballers.
- Balázs Balázs is a Hungarian boy name with multicultural origins. You can also hear it in Romania, Serbia and Austria. Its traditional feast day or name day is February 3rd, but you can use it for a son born any time of year.
- Aladár Aladár is another Hungarian boy name with Germanic origins. It means “old,” “powerful,” “noble” or “famous.” Popular derivations include Aldric, Aldemar and Aidric.
- Krisztián Krisztián is a fun Hungarian boy name. It correlates to Christian, but when spoken with a Hungarian accent, it has a lot more flair.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!