Most of us grew up eating some kind of meatball recipe for dinner. There are countless recipes and ethnic variations of this classic favorite that it may be difficult to narrow down. Well, this barbecue meatball recipe will help you with that. This particular dish uses minced onion, brown sugar, vinegar, and tomato sauce to give it that BBQ taste. Seasoned salt with its savory combination of spices and herbs, whether store-bought or homemade, adds the extra kick of flavor. While the ingredients differ, the general base of garlic, onion, and black pepper really does make a difference compared to most meatballs.
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 (8 oz.) cans of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Combine the hamburger, minced onion, egg, milk, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper together. Then, shape into 12 meatballs.
2. Add oil to skillet and cook until brown. Remove excess fat.
3. Combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and seasoned salt. Pour over meatballs.
4. Simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently until meatballs are well glazed.
Once you have finished making this delicious meatball recipe, feel free to serve it over rice or noodles. This tasty dish can easily be made to take to a potluck or for a quick weeknight dinner. For more easy recipes that your whole family will love, try our Easy Enchiladas or Spaghetti Pie.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©ltummy/Shutterstock.com.