At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Mom’s Famous Fish Sticks
Garlic Buttered Egg Noodles
Fish sticks are the only way a lot of kids will eat fish, and this simple recipe is a winner every time. Served with the all-time favorite buttered egg noodles and this is a meal you won’t have to worry about the kids eating.
Mom’s Famous Fish Sticks Ingredients:
1 pound codfish or snapper fillets
¾ cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
¼ cup butter
1 sweet pickle
½ cup mayonnaise
1. Wash the fillets, then pat them dry with paper towels. Cut them into long pieces.
2. Spread the bread crumbs out on the waxed paper. Break the eggs into a bowl and mix up with a fork.
3. Dip each strip of fish into the eggs, then roll it around on the bread crumbs until it’s coated. Lay each fish strip out on the baking pan.
4. Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat and carefully pour it over each of the fish sticks.
5. Bake in a 400 degree oven until golden brown (about 15 minutes).
6. Serve with tartar sauce (½ cup mayonnaise mixed with 1 chopped up sweet pickle plus the juice from 1 lemon).
7. Serve with buttered egg noodles tossed with garlic powder.