Peanut butter fudge is without a doubt going to be one of the richest things you will ever eat and will struggle to put down. While a very simple fudge recipe, oftentimes, the simplest recipe is going to produce the best results. This is a perfect recipe to share with friends and family but you should be careful with anyone that might have a nut allergy and this fudge should be labeled accordingly.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chunky or regular peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
2. Combine sugar, evaporated milk, salt, and butter medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in marshmallows, morsels, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.
5. Pour into prepared baking pan; cool for 1 minute. Top with peanuts, pressing in slightly.
6. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 1-inch squares.