Turn the traditional pumpkin flavor into a creamy, sweet treat by making this pumpkin fudge recipe. Everyone during fall will be utilizing pumpkins in almost too many deserts to count. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin ice cream even. Well hopeful not that exactly but you get the idea. To switch things up a bit try out this great fudge recipe to give away or keep for when you need a special indulgence for yourself.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 2/3 cup (5 oz. can) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) of white chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil.
2. In a heavy medium saucepan, combine the sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin, butter and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4. Boil, stirring constantly, for 10 to 12 minutes or until the candy thermometer reaches 234° to 240º F (soft-ball stage).
5. Stir in white chocolate chips, marshmallow crème, nuts, and vanilla extract and stir vigorously for 1 minute until the chips are melted.
6. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let stand on wire rack for 2 hours or until completely cooled. Refrigerate tightly covered.
7. To cut, lift foil from pan. Remove foil and cut fudge into 1-inch pieces.