Roasted asparagus with Feta cheese is a great side dish for beef or pork. The feta blends so well with the olive oil and asparagus to create a delicious side dish. It may become the star of the meal!
Roasted Asparagus with Feta Cheese
2 lbs. fresh crisp asparagus
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
kosher salt (to taste)
fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
2 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a small pan over low heat until garlic becomes golden.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Bend asparagus gently until it breaks at a natural point and discard ends.
5. Toss asparagus pieces with olive oil mixture and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
6. Season asparagus with salt and pepper then with crumbled feta cheese.
7. Roast at 400F for 12 minutes or until tender.
8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and drizzle with lemon juice. Serves 4.
What to Serve With This Asparagus
Asparagus may not be a hit with kids, but it is a good way to ensure they're eating a nutritionally-balanced meal. Perhaps the addition of the feta cheese will make it more appealing to them! Here are a few suggestions for what to pair with asparagus.
First, asparagus goes great with turkey. Turkey is a rather neutral-tasting meat, so the strong flavors of this asparagus dish will come out even better. Turkey isn't just for Thanksgiving; it makes for a great dinner at any time of the year! That's especially true when you pair it with this asparagus.
If turkey isn't your thing, try a chicken dish instead. There are so many different chicken recipes out there. Moms Who Think has tons of chicken recipes, so be sure to check our offerings out and pick the ones that are your favorites.
Ham is another great choice for this asparagus with feta recipe. Ham is easily customizable; many people choose to go for a honey or brown sugar glaze. Regardless, this asparagus with feta recipe will help elevate your ham dinner to a fancier level.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Scott Karcich/Shutterstock.com.