At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Sausages with Potatoes and Peppers
Sausage and peppers are a family favorite, and with the added potatoes in this recipe you’ll have a hearty meal that brings them to the table in no time.
1 lb. beef smoked sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch strips
6 small red potatoes, quartered lengthwise
1 cup tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Olive oil for browning sausage
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add sausage and cook 6-8 minutes, turning, until browned.
3. Add onion, peppers and potatoes and mix well.
4. Pour in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
5. Cover and simmer 20 minutes over medium-low heat, until potatoes are tender. Serves 4.