At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Wagon Wheel Beef Pasta
This hearty pasta dish is extra flavorful with a homemade Italian-style sauce. Wagon wheels add a fun new shape to replace boring and messy long spaghetti, making it a perfect kid pleasing dinner.
3/4 pound ground beef (85% lean)
1-3/4 cups (1 can) Vegetable Broth
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces stewed tomatoes
1-1/2 cups uncooked medium wagon wheel or corkscrew-shaped pasta
1 loaf Italian bread, sliced and warmed
1. Cook ground beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to break apart the meat. Drain fat.
2. Stir the broth, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, garlic and tomatoes into the skillet and heat to a boil.
3. Stir in the pasta. Reduce the heat to low.
4. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Uncover.
5. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes longer or until the pasta is tender. Serve with buttered Italian bread slices.