Bread Bowl Potato Soup
1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 20-ounce package refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
1 cup whole milk
1 8 ounce package shredded cheddar cheese
4 purchased bread bowls (optional)
1. In a large saucepan bring chicken broth to a boil.
2. Add potatoes; return to boiling. Reduce heat.
3. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Cool slightly.
6. Place half of the potato mixture in a food processor bowl or blender container. Leave half in the saucepan.
7. Cover and process or blend until almost smooth, leaving some pieces of potato.
8. Remove and add to the remaining potato mixture in the saucepan.
9. Stir in milk, heat through. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
10. Divide soup evenly between four bread bowls.
11. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each bowl while soup is still hot. Serve immediately.
Try one of our favorite 4 to 7 Ingredient Meals:
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas and Recipes
- 4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- 30 Minute Meals
- Dinner Meal Plans
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Freezer Cooking Recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Mama Shirleys Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes