1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil for cooking
1 pound broccoli florets, cooked and drained, sprinkled with salt to taste
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
8 ounces fusilli pasta
3 Tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
4 cups whole milk
¼ cup ricotta cheese
4 ounces finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a medium saucepot, cook pasta for 2 to 3 minutes less than package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Add olive oil to the saucepot and heat over medium heat.
4. Sauté onion, stirring, until translucent, about 7 minutes. Slowly add the flour.
5. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Slowly Whisk in milk. Bring to a boil.
6. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Add cheeses and season with garlic pepper seasoning.
8. Stir cooked broccoli and pasta into sauce. Place mixture into a 9x12 baking dish.
9. Bake until bubbling and top is browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.