1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil for cooking
1 pound broccoli florets, cooked and drained, sprinkled with salt to taste
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
8 ounces fusilli pasta
3 Tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
4 cups whole milk
¼ cup ricotta cheese
4 ounces finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a medium saucepot, cook pasta for 2 to 3 minutes less than package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Add olive oil to the saucepot and heat over medium heat.
4. Sauté onion, stirring, until translucent, about 7 minutes. Slowly add the flour.
5. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Slowly Whisk in milk. Bring to a boil.
6. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Add cheeses and season with garlic pepper seasoning.
8. Stir cooked broccoli and pasta into sauce. Place mixture into a 9x12 baking dish.
9. Bake until bubbling and top is browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!