1-1/2 pounds ground beef
16 ounces picante sauce
1/3 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Thoroughly mix the beef, 1/2 cup of the picante sauce, bread crumbs and egg in a large bowl.
3. Place the mixture on a work surface and firmly shape beef mixture into a 12×8-inch rectangle.
4. Sprinkle the cheese down the center of the meat mixture, leaving 1/2-inch border on all sides.
5. Roll up, starting at the long end, like a jelly roll. Press the ends together to seal.
6. Place the meatloaf, seam-side down, in a 13×9-inch baking or roasting pan.
7. Bake at for 45 minutes.
8. Pour the remaining salsa over the top of the meatloaf. Bake for 15 minutes more or until the meatloaf is cooked through.
9. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!