1 Tablespoon cornstarch
3-1/2 cups chicken stock
2 Tablespoons butter
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup sweet red wine
5 ounces dried cherries
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
7 pounds fully-cooked bone-in spiral-sliced ham
1 large size oven bag
1. Stir the cornstarch and chicken stock in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
2. Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the allspice and cook for 1 minute.
4. Increase the heat to medium-high. Stir the wine, cherries and brown sugar in the skillet and heat to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until the mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir the cornstarch mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
7. Place the oven bag into a 3-quart shallow baking pan. Place the ham into the oven bag.
8. Pour the cherry glaze over the ham. Close the bag with the bag tie.
9. Cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in the top of the bag.
10. Bake at 250°F. for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until the ham is heated through.
11. Remove the ham from the oven bag to a serving platter. Spoon some of the cherry glaze over the ham.
12. Serve the remaining cherry glaze with the ham. Serves 18.