1 Tablespoon olive oil
1- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder or butt
2 Tablespoons mesquite or barbecue grill seasoning (preferably salt-free)
1 cup honey mustard
1 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pot over medium-high heat.
3. Season the pork all over with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and the seasoning.
4. Add the pork to the hot pan and cook for 5 minutes, until browned on all sides, turning frequently.
5. Remove the pan from the heat, cover with foil or a lid, and transfer to the oven.
6. Bake for 3 hours, until the pork shreds easily when tested with a fork.
7. Shred the pork using forks and transfer the meat to a large saucepan.
8. Whisk together the mustard, ketchup and liquid smoke and add to the shredded pork.
9. Mix well to coat the pork with the sauce.
10. Set the pan over medium heat and cook for 3 to 5 minutes to heat through.