This is a traditional yeast-free Irish Soda Bread that has been around in this basic form for over one hundred years.
Perfect for St. Patrick's Day meals or any time you want an authentic Irish Soda Bread to serve with a dinner. Moist and filling, this is the dense bread for those hearty meals like beef stew.
On a cold wintery night or a chilly, rainy day...Irish Soda Bread goes with the comfort foods that warm you from the inside out.
1 stick butter
2/3 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups white flour
3 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup currants or raisins
1. Cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
3. Add the flour mixture, one cup at a time, to the buttermilk. Stir.
4. Add currants or raisins and mix well.
5. Grease loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes or until tester comes clean.
6. Butter top of bread while it is still hot.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.