Plain chicken breasts get an egg batter coating with lemon and garlic, then are treated to a lemony sauce that makes tchicken francaise an all time favorite chicken dish in our house.
Chicken breasts can be bland, or the texture just isn't right in some recipes. Not this one. The chicken is flattened to perfection so you get thinner bites which are tender and firm at the same time. The lemon sauce is a tangy, creamy mate to the light breading...making it burst with flavor without getting the breading soggy. Every bite combines all the flavors seamlessly so your tastebuds never stop dancing. Viva Chicken Francaise!
Chicken Francaise Recipe
1 egg, beaten
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch paprika
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 Tablespoons butter
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 lemon, juiced
6 slices lemon, for garnish
2 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the egg and juice of 1/2 lemon.
2. In another shallow dish or bowl mix together the flour, garlic powder and paprika.
3. Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
4. Heat butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on each side.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together broth and juice of 1 lemon, and pour mixture over chicken in skillet.
6. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for about 8 minutes.
7. Place on serving platter, and garnish with fresh lemon slices and parsley sprigs.
Try one of our fan-favorite chicken recipes:
Click for more Chicken recipes