Plain chicken breasts get an egg batter coating with lemon and garlic, then are treated to a lemony sauce that makes this an all time favorite chicken dish.
1 egg, beaten
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch paprika
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 Tablespoons butter
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 lemon, juiced
6 slices lemon, for garnish
2 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the egg and juice of 1/2 lemon.
2. In another shallow dish or bowl mix together the flour, garlic powder and paprika.
3. Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
4. Heat butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on each side.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together broth and juice of 1 lemon, and pour mixture over chicken in skillet.
6. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for about 8 minutes.
7. Place on serving platter, and garnish with fresh lemon slices and parsley sprigs.
Click for more Chicken recipes
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!