This delicious lemon chicken recipe uses a pour-over lemon sauce as the featured flavor. Each bite is filled with tart and tangy lemon that keeps your taste buds tingling.
It avoids the higher calorie versions that call for breading and frying the chicken, and in doing so brings out the fantastic lemon taste.
This is perfect over egg noodles or rice because stronger sauces need somewhat neutral side dishes to keep the flavors of the meal in balance.
4 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts***
4 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
4 1/2 Tablespoons chicken stock
4 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 lemon rind, grated
4 drops lemon extract
1. Mix all ingredients except chicken in a medium saucepan.
2. Cook high heat until thick, stirring constantly.
3. Pour lemon sauce over cooked chicken breasts. Serve hot.
*** Chicken Cooking Instructions:
1. In a large non-stick skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned on both sides.
2. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Click for more Chicken recipes