Candied Sweet Potatoes
This candied sweet potato recipe is a must have at every holiday meal. A thick, rich brown sugar and maple syrup mixture surrounds sweet potatoes in this easy to make casserole.
You can serve it hot out of the oven without topping or you can top it with marshmallows if you're a fan of that version, people seem to have a love/hate relationship with the marshmallow topping on their sweet potatoes. The original recipe from our family's holiday menu doesn't include marshmallows, but it's been included for those who love it.
1 can (40 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 cups miniature marshmallows (optional topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the sweet potato pieces into a lightly buttered 2 quart baking dish.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the sweet potatoes.
3. Bake 40 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
4. If you are using the miniature marshmallows as topping, remove the casserole from oven and stir gently to coat potatoes in syrup; then top with the marshmallows Bake, uncovered, additional 7 to 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
Easy Recipes Main Page
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas and Recipes
- 4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- 30 Minute Meals
- Dinner Meal Plans
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Freezer Cooking Recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Mama Shirleys Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes