4 medium potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine
3 Tablespoons herbs (dried or fresh - parsley, chives, thyme or sage or any of your favorites)
4 Tablespoons grated Cheddar cheese
1 ½ Tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1. Scrub and rinse potatoes and if the skins are tough peel them.
2. Cut potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through.
3. Put potatoes in a baking dish and fan them slightly. Sprinkle with salt and sprinkle melted butter over them. Finish off by sprinkling them with the herbs.
4. Bake potatoes at 425 degrees F for 50 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake potatoes for another 10 to 15 minutes until they are lightly browned and cheeses are melted, and potatoes are soft inside, using a fork to test.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!