Sausage and peppers are a family favorite, and with the added potatoes in this recipe you'll have a hearty meal that brings them to the table in no time.
1 lb. beef smoked sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch strips
6 small red potatoes, quartered lengthwise
1 cup tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Olive oil for browning sausage
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add sausage and cook 6-8 minutes, turning, until browned.
3. Add onion, peppers and potatoes and mix well.
4. Pour in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
5. Cover and simmer 20 minutes over medium-low heat, until potatoes are tender. Serves 4.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.