Brown Sugar Glazed Cheddar Meatloaf
2 egg whites, beaten
¾ cup 2% reduced fat milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
¾ cup quick-cooking oats
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, shredded
½ teaspoon salt
1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
¾ cup ketchup
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion, carrot and salt.
2. Add the ground beef to mixture, breaking the beef into small pieces while mixing well to combine.
3. Place mixture into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread evenly over top of meatloaf.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
Makes 8 servings
1 serving (1 slice) equals:
9 grams fat (4.5 grams saturated fat)
43 mg cholesterol
550 mg sodium
18 grams carbohydrate
1 gram fiber
21 grams protein