Creamy Slow Cooked Garlic Beef Stroganoff
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1 cup boiling water
1 can (10¾ ounces) reduced-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 cups fresh mushrooms
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1½ to 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, cubed
Hot cooked noodles (optional)
1. In a 3 quart slow cooker, dissolve bouillon in water.
2. Add the undiluted soup, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. In a frying pan, brown beef in oil.
4. Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender.
6. Add cream cheese, stirring continuously until smooth and well blended. Serve with noodles if desired.
Makes 8 servings
1 serving (1 portion beef mixture, calculated without noodles) equals:
18 grams fat (8 g saturated fat)
81 mg cholesterol
661 mg sodium
7 grams carbohydrate
1 gram fiber
23 grams protein