Do you love pizza and meat loaf, but hate the fat and calories that come along with them? Give this healthy pizza meatloaf a try. It combines the flavors you love from your favorites, but leaves all the bad stuff behind!
Being able to cook this healthy recipe in the microwave makes it a four season meal. No worries about heating up the kitchen in the warmer months, just pop it in the microwave, and you'll have dinner done in no time at all, without a stifling house making it impossible to enjoy your meal.
1 pound ground turkey
3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim
1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
1/4 cup onion, minced
1. Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate with vegetable oil. Pat turkey into pie plate.
1. Place turkey in 350 degree F oven; bake until turkey no longer remains pink, about 17 to 20 minutes.
1. Cover turkey with waxed paper.
2. Cook on high; rotate plate 1/4 turn after 3 minutes.
3. Cook until turkey no longer remains pink, about 5 more minutes. Drain.
TO COMPLETE COOKING
1. Top baked turkey with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and vegetables.
2. Return turkey to either the conventional oven or the microwave oven and heat until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4 Servings, about 1/4 loaf each
Total fat 14 grams
Saturated fat 4 grams
Cholesterol 88 milligrams
Sodium 376 milligrams