At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Healthy Pizza Meatloaf Pie Recipe
Do you love pizza and meat loaf, but hate the fat and calories that come along with them? Give this healthy pizza meatloaf a try. It combines the flavors you love from your favorites, but leaves all the bad stuff behind!
You have the option of cooking this healthy recipe in the microwave, which makes it a four season meal. No worries about heating up the kitchen in the warmer months, just pop it in the microwave, and you’ll have dinner done in no time at all, without a stifling house making it impossible to enjoy your meal. You can easily sub out any of your favorite veggie pizza toppings too.
1 pound ground turkey
¾ cup pizza sauce
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part-skim
½ cup green peppers, chopped
¼ cup onion, minced
1. Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray. Pat turkey into pie plate.
1. Place turkey in 350 degree F oven; bake until turkey no longer remains pink, about 17 to 20 minutes. Drain.
1. Cover turkey with waxed paper.
2. Cook on high; rotate plate 1/4 turn after 3 minutes.
3. Cook until turkey no longer remains pink, about 5 more minutes. Drain.
TO COMPLETE COOKING
1. Top baked turkey with pizza sauce*, cheese, and vegetables.
2. Return turkey to either the conventional oven or the microwave oven and heat until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with oven fries.
*If pizza sauce is not at room temperature, we suggest heating it on the stove or in the microwave before spreading on the meatloaf.
4 Servings, about 1/4 loaf each
Total fat 14 grams
Saturated fat 4 grams
Cholesterol 88 milligrams
Sodium 376 milligrams