1-1½ pound boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
8 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chicken stock
½ cup water
12 6-inch corn tortillas
6 tablespoons light sour cream (optional)
2 garlic cloves
3 small shallots
½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
¼ cup white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Rub pork with salt, pepper, and garlic. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer pork to a 5-quart round electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Add stock to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes. Pour stock mixture over pork; add water. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, make Chimichurri sauce. With processor on, drop garlic through food chute; process until minced. Add shallots and remaining ingredients; pulse 8 times or until finely chopped, scraping sides as necessary.
3. Remove pork from slow cooker, and place in a medium bowl. Pour broth into a medium skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil 5 minutes or until reduced to ⅔ cup.
4. While broth reduces, shred pork using 2 forks. Stir in broth reduction.
5. Warm tortillas according to package directions.
Serving size: ½ cup pork mixture, 2 tortillas, and about 2 tablespoons Chimichurri Sauce
Total Fat: 12.6 g
Sat: 3 g
Protein: 29.4 g
Carb: 23.4 g
Fiber: 2.3 g
Cholesterol: 62 mg
Sodium: 506 mg
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!